Little Nippers - reflections of a first-time mum

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The things life throws at you

I am currently in the process of deciding whether or not to go back to work. I am in the fortunate position of not having to go back because The Other Half earns enough to support us all. However, I hate no longer having my own money and being made to feel guilty because I am not "bringing home the bacon". Consequently, despite the fact I think my boss is a bit of a prat and I don't expect he will make my returning to work particularly easy (see previous posts) I have asked to do three days a week. At the moment I am still waiting to see what, if anything they will offer me and whether it is worth my while to go back or not.

In the meantime I have also asked a couple of pr contacts if they have any work - no point putting all my eggs in one basket. I also received a letter from the doctors about my most recent smear test and I am happy to say, after having several dodgy ones, it is now clear which is a relief. I can't say the same for my aunt who Pork Chop and I are off to visit today because she has breast cancer and is undergoing chemo. Plus she is also married to my uncle who is a bit of a pompous old git on occasion and enough to try anyone's patience.

All this got me thinking about actually how lucky I am. I have a beautiful daughter who is generally very well behaved - she is asleep right now. I have a partner who, while he won't yet entertain marriage and can be a bit of a self righteous twat on occasion, is very good to me and I love him very much. I myself am happy and healthy and get to swan around at coffee mornings, the gym and yoga. Take the housework away and I would be laughing. So all in all though I may bitch and moan about my life I think it is pretty good.

With all that in mind I am now going to attempt to moan and bitch less on these pages. I wonder how long it will last?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home